Motorbike rental Cape Town offers one of the best ways to explore the many diverse attractions of Cape Town, on the back of a motorbike or even scooter. There are few things more exhilarating than taking to the road on a bike. With the wind in your hair and the sun on your face, you will be able to explore at leisure, through city streets, country roads, coastal bends and mountain passes. Motorbike and scooter rental Cape Town is about the journey as well as the destination, ensuring an unforgettable adventure across the Cape.
How do you find the best rental options though, and what else should you know about renting a motorbike or scooter in Cape Town?
Motorbike Rental in Cape Town
Take to the open roads in a powerful, purring bike that is designed for the ultimate road experience. When you rent a motorbike in Cape Town it combines the thrill of speed with the luxury of fine engineering, with a wide range of bike options to consider. Rental companies specialising in motorcycle hire Cape Town include the following:
- Dual Sport Adventures – this company offers guided tours as well as bike rentals, with models such as the Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, XT660 R Dualsport and the Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere available for hire.
- Viper Lounge – if the thought of exploring the city on a Harley Davidson gets your pulse racing, you can choose from models such as Harley Heritage Softails, Harley Fat Bobs, Harley Nite Rods and Buell Ulysses X and XTs to hire for an unforgettable adventure.
- Sidecars – as an even more unique way to see the sights of Cape Town, chauffeured sidecar adventures gives you the chance to see the sights from a vintage World War II sidecar. A fleet of 25 sidecars is available, for guided tours, transfers and other events.
Scooter Rental in Cape Town
The coastal and city roads of the Mother City are just waiting to be explored. See the sights of the city and its surrounds when you Rent a Scooter in Cape Town, which offers a fun and easy way to get around the city. Despite the often strong winds and steep roads found in many parts of the city, scooters are a safe way to get around if you are always vigilant on the roads. Cape Town scooter rental companies to consider include the following:
- Zest – here you will be able to choose from 125cc Scooters, 150cc Scooters and 300cc Scooters for hire, and also source affordable bike services, helmets, gear and back boxes.
- Scoot Dr. – this hire company offers a range of vintage style scooters, with Vespas and other scooter options that suit your specific needs and budget.
- Eurojet Scooters – all scooters for hire from this company are 2005 models, with a focus on safe travelling. Scooters are all automatic, and are rented on an unlimited mileage basis.
Cape Town Motorbike and Scooter Rental Routes
Once you have arranged your scooter or motorbike rental in Cape Town, what can you expect to see and do? The Cape Peninsula offers a host of attractions, with diverse roads and landscapes that are ideal for exploration. Check out the handy scenic route map below for some travel ideas.
View Scooters in a larger map
Some other route ideas include the following:
- City – Bo Kaap, Signal Hill, Long Street, Greenmarket Square, South African National Museum
- Atlantic Seaboard – Sea Point, Green Point, Camps Bay, Clifton, Hout Bay
- Peninsula – Cape Point, Silvermine Nature Reserve, Noordhoek
- Southern Suburbs – Constantia Wine Route, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cecelia Forest
- Cape Wine Route – Stellenbosch, Franchhoek, Paarl
With the freedom and convenience of your motorbike or scooter rental in Cape Town, you can go wherever the wind may take you on the adventure of a lifetime.