The convert Vodacom airtime to data option is designed to help you easily use transform available airtime into data. This is ideal for a number of situations. Whether you are running low on phone internet and you need data in a hurry or you want to access the internet without cutting into your monthly data allocation, converting Vodacom airtime to data offers a simple way to change your airtime into data.
From there, you’ll be able to check and send email, browse Facebook, play a few games online and watch a video or two. As your data is converted from airtime, you will be able to stay connected using your airtime balance. In this guide, newly updated in October 2018, we will show you how to convert airtime to data bundles on the Vodacom network.
How to Convert Vodacom Airtime to Data
There are a number of options that you can choose from when it comes to converting Vodacom airtime to data. These include SMS, shortcode, web conversion and even ATM data conversion. You can convert Vodacom airtime to data through any of the following options:
- My Vodacom app: Download the app, login and follow the on-screen instructions.
- My Vodacom: Log on to the My Vodacom page on your computer and purchase your data. To convert airtime to data, select the ‘use airtime’ option.
- Shortcode: Dial *135# on your phone and follow the prompts.
- ATM: Some banks allow you to purchase data from ATMs. The data value selected is automatically credited to the phone number entered. Data rates are charged at a subscription fee as well as in-bundle rates per MB or GIG.
- SMS: SMS ‘100’ with your chosen Data Bundle size (for example, ‘MyMeg 250’).
Vodacom Data Bundle Pricing
Once you have compared the data pricing plans available and selected your data purchase method, you can easily convert airtime to data using any of these methods. If you are on a pre-paid plan, your data amount will be deducted from your airtime. If you’re a contract user, the amount will be added to your monthly bill. Any data purchased will be valid until the final calendar day of the following month. That means that if you purchase a MyGig 1 bundle on 10 September, unused data will carry over until 30 September. Any data not converted or used by then will expire. Carried-over data can only be used once recurring monthly bundle allocation has been depleted.